Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yet Another Baffling Situation...

Got into work today, logged onto my email and there were the usual requests for credit and to change account information but one email in particular stood out. I guess it was because the company has just written in last week.

They were concerned last week that they were not getting enough leads from us. I responded quickly to let them know that since they only take one county and will only service two products within that county and will only work within five zips codes for those two products that it is unlikely we will be able to provide them with an abundance of quality leads. I suggested that they either widen their area or the products they service. I got no response last week from them.

So today I was anxious to see what they were up to now. Upon opening the email I read that they were again concerned about the amount of leads they were not receiving and they also wanted to take out one of their products. This completely blew me away. Now their chance of getting a lead that matches their criteria is next to impossible.

Between this type of behavior and the behavior in an earlier post regarding refusing work, it's a wonder that these companies are still in business. LOL! It's companies like this that I would really just like to say, "Hey, based upon your preferences it really doesn't look like we are going to be able to help you." I guess that wouldn't be very good business practice. It sure would weed out a lot of the wastes of time and garbage that we have to deal with on a daily basis and would free us up to devote more time to customers that actually use the service appropriately. The majority of my time is spent reiterating the same information to the same few companies several times. This is after it is all put in writing for them.

It's like talking to a child, they only hear what they want to hear. It's funny because it's like the contractors think that we don't know our own policies or that we will be willing to break them at every request. How could we stay in business if we just gave all of our business away? I'm sure there aren't many contractors out there that give away free home improvement projects!

Tomorrow is the beginning of another brand new, exciting week in the industry, I'll be sure to report on it as soon as I get home and kick my feet up while waiting for the leftover lasagna to heat up! Until then, if you are a over particular contractor that apparently has enough work that he really doesn't need a lead generation company's service but likes to hire them just to drive their employees batty with ridiculous requests..... visit us here to get Quality Contractor Leads!

No comments: